Chaos Magic
The following excerpt is from the book the Tao of Chaos by Stephen Wolinsky.
"It appears obvious that a personality born of chaos and resistance to chaos can only beget more chaos and resistance."
The Tao of Chaos is about looking at our most resisted experience and finding that chaos is no longer an enemy but a friend. In The Tao of Chaos Wolinsky gives us a path to our essential nature by allowing chaos to be the rule rather than the exception. A process whereby chaos becomes our friend, a familiar experience, a welcome home or even a fuel to bring us back to our universal self. We are shown throughout the book that our dysfunctional personality is created as a resistance to chaos. All of our efforts to order chaos through resisting it by creating more and more systems to manage it have fallen short. He suggests that we experience our chaos and by getting to know it. When we do that we will get to know the essence of our true self.
The Chinese believe in the term "Chaos Magic". You could relate this concept to Shamanism as we would know it in our western culture. Chaos Magic shows us that there is an underlying inter-connectedness and inter-relatedness of everything in the universe. What seems random or chaotic has a higher "order" that can be perceived when we have an open perspective.
As we enter into Chaos we must also be willing to open up and connect with all the magic that Chaos brings to you. It does lead to ultimate transformation.Make a list of all the things in your life that are chaotic or in chaos. Look at the positives and negatives.
How is the chaos moving you forward?
Are you in the flow with the chaos or are you resisting chaos?
Open up to change and chaos you will see more beauty in your life!

Michelle, right on!
ReplyDeleteChaos for me reminds me of aspects of stability I had before chaos hits! Chaos allows me to be challanged with my very own words, integrity and truth. It is like a mirror in my face saying, "Carrie, Game on! Where is your 'fierce Zen moojoo now sista?" I am reminded of fear and doubt meanwhile being giving an opportunity to land on my four paws like a slick kitty cat or walk away with my tail between my legs like the sad pooch. :) I choose to lean on myself, friends and remind myself you can do this! Do it one step at a time, walk through the chaos to see what is on the other end of the storm, but a Rainbow...
I like your post Carrie! Thanks for sharing. Do it one step at a time, walk through the chaos to see what is on the other side!
DeleteI was looking for the spider web, but found this and am in the process of putting some order in the chaos of my immediate life. I am embracing the fact that I am a collector of supplies. I think by putting all these supplies in order, I will be able to accomplish some of my goals. By following and understanding the chaos in my house (which is also in my mind), I find a pathway to the light within. Because there is so much chaos in the world, we can find many different pathways among it, which allows for a rich tapestry of life instead of a boring, repetitive pattern. So I embrace my personal chaos and use its destructive power to remove obstacles and to add dimension to my limited thinking.
DeleteGreat observations Judy! I am also in the process of continuing to get my house in order. I totally agree that the chaos in our house is reflected in our lives. Once I clear that energy I find that I can embrace the magic of chaos. Clearing chaos to embrace it more.
Delete