Wednesday, October 9, 2013

17 Seconds

According to Malcolm Gladwell's book the Outliers, researchers say that it takes 10,000 to achieve mastery of any craft, sport, art science or expertise.

In Malcolm Gladwell’s book, The Outliers he retells the results of a 1990 study done at Berlin’s Elite Academy of Students.

In summary: The psychologist K. Anders Ericcson and colleagues separated students into three groups. 

Star musicians, good musicians, and average musicians. 

All were questioned, “Since you first started to play, how many hours have you practiced?”

Without exception, those in the star category revealed the equivalent of thousands and thousands of hours. The good musicians practiced a lot, but not nearly thousands of hours. Followed by the average musicians, who practiced even less.

Throughout the study, their research never discovered the ‘prodigy’ that was able to practice less and still be a star. Nor did they find the ‘grind’, or the musician that could play more and not become a star.

I’m sharing this with you because we all know that 17 seconds or 68 seconds a day is minimal and yet hard to do every day.  All kinds of things get in the way, don't they?  It really does come down to discipline. I was talking to Teri today and we were laughing because I said I have not done the exercise everyday.  Yesterday I forgot all together.  However, I was able to beat up on myself for at least 10 minutes throughout the day because I was behind on my expenses and forgot to pay my car payment...

I am a master at negative self talk, probably spent 10,000 hours on it this lifetime :)


It's time for me to change my focus, start working on my 
10,000 hours of visualizations, 17 seconds at a time.

Let's do it NOW! 

The magic number in all of this is just 17 seconds.

Abraham breaks it down this way:
17 Seconds of pure-belief is equal to 2000 man action hours
34 = 2000 x 10 = 20,000 man-action hours
51 = 20,000 x 10 = 200,000 man-action hours
68 = 200,000 x 10 = 2 million man-action hours


That's much more than 10,000 hours and it's much easier.

Would you all mind checking in and sharing how your doing with the 17 seconds energy technique?


 

3 comments:

  1. I've been doing my meditations in the morning before getting out of bed. But, I forgot this morning too for some reason....?
    Yesterday I chose to manifest yellow flowers for confirmation. Saw four sets of them (and only one other colored flower) on my morning drive to drop Epiphany at school. NICE CONFIRMATION! The other days have been working on my internal emotional state and have certainly been causin' some ripples! Go manifestation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have incorporated my 17 seconds to my morning ritual. I have done it a few times during the day when I feel I start getting really into negative/self-sabotaging talk about my dreams. The morning sessions are most intense. I like how Aubrey used flowers as a sign of confirmation. I need some of those to help me continue to see and feel progress!! Woomanifestion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey I always forget to do the simple ones. Love your idea there and today I am doing my big wish and pink flowers and hot apple cider! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete